Love and mercy over everything.
This is who God is.
At Nova Church, there are no stereotypical "church people." There are no "deplorables." There are no "worldy people." There is only humanity - created by a God that loved us so much he came to die for us. We understand that there is no cookie-cutter path towards Jesus; everyone is on a their own unique journey containing stories of victory, loss, joy, and sorrow. Filled with radical love and vibrant mercy, we are standing in your corner, here to serve and assist as your journey unfolds.
(Mark 12:31; 1 Cor. 13:13; James 2:13; Luke 6:36)
our one thing.
Everything we do at Nova Church revolves around one thing - Jesus. And it's His infinite love for us that inspires us to pray daily, fast regularly, ready the Bible consistently, and love others relentlessly. God's has done some really cool things in our lives - healing our loved ones, saving us from addictions, bringing joy in the midst of depression, giving us a new hope in life, providing money when we were broke, and the list goes on and on. We can't wait to see what he has in store for you!
Loving God. Loving people.
Beyond the Walls
We believe the church isn't confined by the walls of a sanctuary. Doing "church" is just going attending a service; it's also means being a light where ever we go. One way we do this is by volunteering and getting involved in our local Virginia and DC communities. Here are few things that we have done recently:
- Christmas Caroling at the Washington DC VA Medical Center
- Providing full Thanksgiving meals for residents at Bridges to Independence
- Passing out free school supplies given to local community
- Giving Christmas gifts for children of families that couldn't afford Christmas presents.
- Sponsoring orphans in Mississippi
- Donating money to purchase vehicles and build churches for missionaries across the world
- Socializing and building relationship with children of Bridges to Independence
(Matthew 25:40; Philippians 2:4)
We stay social.
If there is a stigma around how "boring" living for Jesus can be... we know nothing about that. Our church is laced with fun events like couples' house parties, corn mazes, kids' trampoline park visits, dinners at Tupelo Honey, and more.